Inyo Forest Closure Update
As you may have heard, the Forest Service has temporarily closed all national forests in CA, due to the number of wildfires in the state.
There are no active fires in the Mammoth Lakes area, and the Forest Service would like to keep it that way -- in short, they need to protect critical fire fighting resources to fight the Caldor and other fires, which are threatening structures and homes in other parts of California.
What does that mean for Mammoth? Many area forest lands will be closed, but there's still plenty to do over the holiday weekend.
What activities are open around Mammoth Lakes?
Mono Lake's Tufa formations at Mono Lake County Park
Yosemite National Park - with day use permit
Bodie Ghost Town State Park
LADWP portion of Grant Lake
Death Valley NPManzanar National Historic Site
Green Creek area
Twin Lakes in Bridgeport
The Owens River
What activities in are open in Town:
Mammoth Adventure Center – open through Labor Day Weekend
Yosemite Ax Throwing
Mammoth Museum at Hayden Cabin
Whitmore Pool - Until Sept 10, lap swim only
Volcom Brothers Skate Park and adjacent play structure
Snowcreek Golf Course
Sierra Star Golf Course
Town multi-use paths (the paved paths that go around town)
Sept. 3 & 4 - Dirty Cello (music) Sierra Nevada Resort - Red Lantern, 8p-11p
Sept. 3-5 - Mammoth Rock n’ Rye (music) The Village plaza, 4p - 11p *ticketed tasting options available*
Sept. 16-18 - Oktoberfest (Seasonal activities, music and food) The Village plaza
Sept. 17 - Jake Castillo trio (Music) Sierra Nevada Resort - Red Lantern, 8p-11p
○ Campgrounds open: Lundy Canyon (county operated - check with county)
○ Campgrounds open: Crowley Lake BLM, Rv Park?
○ Campgrounds closed: all Forest Service, Camp High Sierra
● The Owens
● Grant - LADWP portion
● Twin Lakes in Bridgeport
● Bridgeport Reservoir
Where can I rent bikes?
● Get Outdoors 365 (e-bikes, cruisers, mountain bikes)
● ASO (e-bikes, cruisers, mountain bikes)
● Wave Rave (e-bikes, cruisers, mountain bikes)
● Footloose Sports (e-bikes, cruisers, mountain bikes)
● Play Big Outdoors (e-bikes)
● Mammoth Mountain –ski and snowboard access closed - reopening November 12th, 2021
● Mammoth Mountain Bike Park – closed
● Mammoth Adventure Center – closed
● Scenic Gondola – closed
● Via Ferrata – closed
● Mammoth Lakes Pack Outfit – closed until further notice
● Hot Creek Fish Hatchery - Closed
Mammoth Lakes Rentals
Sonenalp at Canyon Lodge
Four exclusive condos for 8-39 guests. Located in what guests call the ideal location in Mammoth Lakes, CA. Steps to Canyon & convenient to The Village.
Apogee Mammoth: new custom-crafted townhouse in Mammoth Lakes, CA's exclusive, slope-side development. Private amenities; curated interiors; Sleeps 10.
Westin Monache Village
Two epic hotel suites with stellar views and 5-star amenities in the heart of Mammoth Lakes' entertainment hub, The Village at Mammoth Lakes. Each sleeps 4.
It's time to release yourself back into the wild . . .
Find the Wildest Wonders
No matter how many times you've been to the Eastern Sierra, you can use this map to find off-the-beaten-path locations, sites, hikes, and hidden gems just waiting to be discovered.
Take the Mammoth Trail Challenge: Summer 60 and explore 60 miles of lesser known trails. Enjoy a secret slice of Eastern Sierra adventureland, and qualify to win a $500 gift card.
Upcoming Town Events
Aug 5-8 --The best craft breweries in the country and top blues performers in a magical setting among the pines.
Aug 20-22 --Wine and dine with dinners, a lively Wine Walk, and an indulgent brunch at this benefit event.
Sept 4-6 -- Enjoy whiskey tastings all weekend plus free live music. Proceeds benefit Mammoth Track Club.
Aug 11 -- Join in the fun at the Village Plaza to celebrate local and visiting families.
Aug 27-28-- Relive the 70s, 80s, and 90s with some of the world's best tribute bands.
Sept 11 -- The ultimate Gran Fondo with views of the Sierra Nevada Range, Mono Lake, and the White Mountains.
Aug 13 & 14 -- Enjoy Latin America's indigenous distilled spirits, fine Margaritas, and great music.
Sept 17-19 -- Authentic Bavarian cuisine, bier all weekend, and live music in The Village at Mammoth.
Sept 24-26 -- Multi-day festival with SUP yoga, meditation, live music, inspirational presenters, & vendors.
Let us make your trip easy . . .
Area Updates for July 21, 2021
COVID UPDATE --
- Mammoth & Mono County Details here
- Lone Pine Visitor's Center: Open Thursday- Monday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.. Questions? 760-876-6200
- Mammoth Lakes Welcome Center: Open everyday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Questions? 760-924-5500.
- Mammoth Lakes Tourism Question Line: 1-888-GO- Mammoth
- White Mountain Ranger Station Question Line: 760-873-2500
- Bike Park -- Full Details
- Adventure Center -- Full Details
- Scenic Gondola -- Full Details & Tickets
- The Town Trolley is operating on its summer schedule, every 30 minutes from 7AM-10PM. Full Details & Routes
- Mammoth Lakes Basin Trolley is operating 9AM - 6PM. Full Details
- Most local roads are open and snow-free.
- HWY 203, ie, the road to Devil's Postpile/Red's Meadow Full Details
- The road to Twin Lakes and the Lakes Basin is open.
- Snow Creek Driving range open and course open
- Sierra Star Golf Course open, tee time required.
- Whitmore Pool open
- Bodie Ghost Town open
- Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest open for self-guided tours. Visitor's Center closed.
- Mono Basin Visitor Center open Thursday-Monday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Questions? 760- 647-3044
- Bike rentals available throughout town
- Rock climbing tours available.
- Guided fishing available for families, individuals or groups.
- Yosemite Axe Throwing, open, Thurs-Mon, with reservations required
- Mammoth Rock and Bowl open, Thurs-Mon, with reservations required
Learn about changes to fishing rules and regs, and get a free fishing map at this link.