We all know that masks are required pretty much everywhere in California these days.
And that includes Mammoth Mountain. Yes, even though its outdoors. You're still going to need a mask.
But some guests still ask, "What are they gonna do if I don't wear my mask, kick me off the mountain?" The short answer is yes, yes they will.
We've posted the MMSA mask policy below. Check it out for all the details.
Mask Violation Policy
In an effort to keep all guests and employees safe during the current COVID-19 pandemic we have implemented a strict mask violation policy with clear expectations and policies. Masks or face coverings must be a minimum of two layers.
Perforated, ventilated, and thin, single-layer neck gaiter style face coverings will not be allowed.
First documented warning:
· You will receive a verbal education on our mask policy and are encouraged to "Stay Safe to Stay Open." This is your only warning and will be documented in your pass or ticket profile.
· If you fail to comply with our mask policy the employee on site has the authority to revoke your riding privileges.
Second documented warning:
· Repeat offenders or those who offer resistance to education will have their riding privileges suspended.
· Ikon Pass holders will have their pass suspended for a minimum of 7 days.
· Multi day ticket holders will receive a minimum 24-hour suspension.
· Single day ticket holders will have their ticket revoked.
Third documented warning:
· Ikon Pass holders will have their pass suspended for the remainder of the season.
· Single and multi-day ticket holders will lose their riding privileges for the remainder of the season.
These policies have been implemented for the safety of all those enjoying the resort and are an important part of our pledge to "Stay Safe to Stay Open."